Tuesday

Mountain Bike Block Print - 1st pull

My first in a series featuring my love for mountain biking. I'm really happy with how this turned out. Pictured is my first pull on some cheap rag paper. I'll be shopping for some nice printmaking paper this week and get these rolling. I think I'll put them in a series of 50 maybe. I'm a bit torn as to putting things in a series though. Does it make it more valuable and enticing to the shopper, or am I selling myself short of multiple sales after the edition is over? That lino block will only last so long after inking, printing and cleaning over and over. 

 


Soooo, do I set a number of prints and trash it, or print as many as possible till the thing just dies? I'm going to think about this more. Will have to ask some veteran printmakers about this for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment