Wednesday

Hello paint! Long time no see.

Wow, long time since I have painted a picture. I did a lot of painting in college and really enjoyed my time in the painting studio....it was therapeutic and I think I was pretty good back then.  I've missed it, and am happy to be doing it again. My style is very graphic oriented. I grew up skateboarding and was heavily influenced by graphics on tee-shirts and skateboard decks. I've also been a graphic designer for 16 years, so logos, icons and such are ingrained in me as well. Bold graphics and icons will never die. I'm drawn to it and eat it up.

This is a first in a series of bold-colored graphic bike paintings I plan on doing. Get them in a nice frame with big white matting and I think they'll pop off of a wall. Perfect for the mountain bike enthusiast. My wife didn't go for the green tires here, and suggested I keep it simple...2 colors. She's usually right, especially about art.

I digitally enhanced it and voila, now just red and yellow. I actually want to screenprint these by hand rather than have them printed. Great....another project for the awesome basement studio! 
Soon to be featured in the Etsy shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment