Saturday

Art Hiding in Plain Sight - Street Art in Asheville

A lot of the graffiti around our city doesn't usually impress me, but sometimes there's art like this that makes me stop and look. Not the same bubbly-looking tags and writing, but more of a "hey, look at me...I'm a little piece of art in this little place." I admire that an artist will take the time and leave a little anonymous creative mark for others to enjoy. It makes me smile and happy to live in a such a creative place.

Next time you're walking around in Asheville, or your own city, keep your eye out for the art that hides in plain sight.

I've been collecting these photos all over town the past few weeks...hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
(Note that some of these are obviously commissioned murals, and some are guerrilla art pieces)













No comments:

Post a Comment