Thursday

Tote Bag Screen Printing "Bike Lane"

New screenprint featuring my latest design titled "bike lane". I'm kinda obsessed with tote bags right now...especially since Heather bought me a super nice one for Valentines Day made of waxed canvas from TM 1985.  Love, love that thing...we call it the "Mote", or man-tote. Masculine and sensitive at the same time!

We use tote bags for the grocery store and hauling crap back and forth, so there's like 10 of them in each of our cars. Heather has a few nice printed ones she brought back from Paris, and always gets compliments at the store. 

So it begins, my first in a line of screenprinted tote bags. This bike lane design fits the green living, bicycle commuting kind of life style that is so prevalent in our community. These blank totes were purchased from a big-box art store and are 100% cotton. I don't know of their origin, so that bothers me a bit. They'll do for now until I find a local source or seamstress to get them from.

Can't wait to do a photoshoot with them filled up with groceries in a bike lane. I've already got the spot picked out on a bridge near my wife's art studio. Check 'em out soon on my Etsy shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment